Sagar Parikrama Program
⇒ The Union Minister for Fisheries, Animal Husbandry and Dairying, Shri Parshottam Rupala inaugurated the ‘Sagar Parikrama’ program on 05 March 2022 on the occasion of 75th Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav.
The Department of Fisheries, Ministry of Fisheries, Animal Husbandry and Dairying, Government of India and National Fisheries Development Board along with Department of Fisheries, Government of Gujarat, Indian Coast Guard, Fishery Survey of India, Gujarat Maritime Board and fishermen representatives
Sagar Parikrama program is being organized through a pre-decided sea route covering coastal states/UTs.
- India has a coastline of 8118 km, covering 9 maritime States/4UTs and providing livelihood support to millions of coastal fisher folk.
- It is proposed to conduct in all coastal states and UTs through a pre-decided sea route down right from Gujarat, Diu, Maharashtra, Goa, Karnataka, Kerala, Tamil Nadu, Andhra Pradesh, Odisha, West Bengal, Andaman & Nicobar and Lakshadweep Islands.
The Phase–I programme of ‘Sagar Parikrama’ has been organized in Gujarat, started on 5th March, 2022 from Mandvi and ended on 6th March 2022 at Porbandar, Gujarat. The entire distance was covered from the coastline of Mandvi on the coast of the Arabian Sea in the Kutch district of Gujarat.
Aims of the program ‘Sagar Parikrama’:
- Facilitate interaction with fishermen, coastal communities and stakeholders so as to disseminate information of various fisheries related schemes and programs being implemented by the Government
- Demonstrating solidarity with all fisher folk, fish farmers and concerned stakeholder’s as a spirit of Aatmanirbhar Bharat
- Promote responsible fisheries with focus on sustainable balance between the utilization of marine fisheries resources for food security of nation and livelihoods of coastal fisher communities
- Protection of marine ecosystems
» The journey of Sagar Parikrama focuses on sustainable balance between the utilization of marine fisheries resources for food security of nation and livelihoods of coastal fisher communities and protection of marine ecosystems.
Petascale Supercomputer “PARAM Ganga”
⇒ Petascale Supercomputer “PARAM Ganga” has been established at IIT Roorkee under National Supercomputing Mission. “PARAM Ganga” is a supercomputer with a supercomputing capacity of 1.66 Petaflops.
The system is designed and commissioned by C-DAC under Phase 2 of the build approach of the National Supercomputing Mission (NSM).
- National Supercomputing Mission which is being steered jointly by Ministry of Electronics & Information Technology and the Department of Science and Technology (DST) and implemented by Centre for Development of Advanced Computing (C-DAC) and Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore.
- The four major pillars of the NSM are Infrastructure, Applications, R&D, HRD.
Best Women Vaccinator Awards (COVID-19 Vaccinations)
⇒ Dr Mansukh Mandaviya, Union Minister of Health and Family Welfare felicitated Best Women COVID-19 Vaccinators from across the country on the occasion of International Women’s Day at National Institute of Health and Family Welfare, New Delhi.
The event was organized to celebrate and recognize the untiring efforts in successful implementation of India’s Covid-19 Vaccination Programme.
During the event, 72 women vaccinators from 36 States and UTs were awarded.
Best Women Vaccinator Awards (COVID-19 Vaccinations)
- Two women from Bihar have been awarded the Best Women Vaccinator Award. Maya Yadav and Bandana Kumari from bihar are among the 72 women.
Indo-Pacific Military Health Exchange (IPMHE) Conference
⇒ Raksha Mantri Shri Rajnath Singh virtually inaugurated the four-day Indo-Pacific Military Health Exchange (IPMHE) conference on March 07, 2022.
The conference was co-hosted by Armed Forces Medical Services (AFMS) and US Indo-Pacific Command (USINDOPACOM).
A delegation of 20 members from the organising committee of the USINDOPACOM co-hosted the conference in New Delhi.
The theme of the conference was ‘Military Healthcare in a Volatile, Uncertain, Complex and Ambiguous (VUCA) World’.
- The aim of the conference was to enhance cooperation and jointmanship in military medicine.
- It covered many important topics including operational/combat medical care, tropical medicine, field surgery, field anaesthesia, aviation & marine medicine emergencies etc.
- The conference was attended by more than 600 Indian and foreign delegates from over 38 countries.
Nari Shakti Puraskar 2020 and 2021
⇒ The President of India, Shri Ram Nath Kovind conferred the Nari Shakti Puraskar 2020 and 2021 on occasion of International Women’s Day i.e. on 08 March 2022 at Rashtrapati Bhavan, New Delhi.
The award was conferred on 29 outstanding and exceptional women achievers for the years 2020 and 2021.
International Election Visitors Programme (IEVP) 2022
⇒ The Election Commission of India (ECI) hosted the virtual International Election Visitors Programme (IEVP) 2022 for Election Management Bodies (EMBs) from nearly 32 Countries and four international organizations on 07 March 2022.
Ambassadors/High Commissioners and other members of the Diplomatic Corps based in India from nine countries also participated in virtual IEVP 2022.
Over 150 Delegates from nearly 32 countries across the world participated in IEVP 2022.
Some participating countries were: Australia, Bahamas, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Cambodia, Croatia, Ethiopia, Fiji, Georgia, Guinea, Guyana, Kenya, Liberia, Maldives, Mauritius, Moldova, Mongolia, Myanmar, Philippines, Romania etc.
4 international organizations- International IDEA, International Foundation of Electoral Systems (IFES), Association of World Election Bodies (A-WEB) and Community of Democracies also participated in IEVP 2022.
India has been hosting the International Election Visitors Programme (IEVP) since 2012 elections where international delegates are invited to visit the Polling stations and see the electoral processes in practice for themselves in person.